Has a cup of tea been the trick to ease your sore throat? Or perhaps, a few drops of essential oil made your sore muscles feel better? At some point in your life, some home remedy— either one you found online or a traditional herbal recipe— has given you the relief you desired. Several ingredients in nature contain elements that can help you combat various medical conditions and improve your health. Although the idea of natural home remedies and their effectiveness is a new area, medical experts are constantly researching this area of medicine to give accurate information on these remedies. On that note, here are some home remedies that seem to work.
Cannabinoid (CBD) is a natural substance found in cannabis and hemp plants. Pure CBD oil, unlike THC, is not a psychoactive substance. Instead, it is said to have numerous health benefits such as:
- Ease sore muscles,
- Aid with depression and anxiety,
- Treat inflammation, and
- Manage chronic diseases
The extract is usually made into oil, creams, tinctures, and other edible forms. Women who experience painful menstrual cramps can enjoy relief with pure CBD oil using our full spectrum strawberry hemp extract tincture. Our full spectrum 1350 mg mixed fruit gummy squares are a tasty way to tackle your insomnia and stress.
The sweet-smelling essential oil lavender can do more for your health than just give a pleasant fragrance. Inhaling lavender is said to help both your mental and physical health in many ways. Here are a few:
- Helps improve memory
- Reduces restlessness and sleep disorders
- Soothes headaches, and migraines
Besides aromatherapy, drinking a cup of lavender can be beneficial for calming your nerves, and easing stress and anxiety.
Probiotics such as yogurt, soft cheeses, sour pickles, and sourdough bread or yet another home remedy you can try.
- Regular intake of probiotic foods can help improve your digestive system.
- They are said to balance the friendly bacteria in your digestive system and reduce symptoms of digestive system disorders.
For centuries, mint has been known to aid in providing relief from several health conditions.
Peppermint could help treat issues of your bowels such as constipation, cramps, and bloating.
- All you would need is peppermint oil and a carrier oil such as grapeseed or coconut oil.
- Warm one teaspoon of your carrier oil and add two drops of peppermint oil.
- Once the mixture is warm enough to touch, massage it onto your abdomen, taking deep breaths to inhale the fragrance.
- Doing this would increase bowel movement and relax the muscles to ease discomfort.
Garlic may be the remedy to help people living with asthma as it soothes symptoms of the disease. It may also help in treating colds and coughs. It may also help in managing heart-related diseases in the following ways:
- Lowering blood pressure
- Prevent blood-thinning
- Prevent stroke
- Manage cholesterol
- Garlic also has antioxidants that are said to improve brain health and protect you from diseases that come with an aging brain, such as dementia and Alzheimer's.
You can enjoy the benefits of garlic by incorporating chopped or crushed fresh garlic cloves into your meal. Using garlic and honey in your herbal teas is also a good idea.
If you are experiencing pain and nausea, a ginger remedy may be what you need.
- Ginger is said to contain antioxidants that interact with the acid fluid that causes inflammation.
- It also seems to be an effective remedy as it has been in various traditions, especially in Asia.
- If you are experiencing a cough, sore throat, or painful menstrual cramps, you can consider trying a cup of ginger tea. Grate half an inch of ginger into a cup, pour hot water over it, and let sit to cool for 5 minutes. You can add some lemon juice and honey.
In addition to keeping you calm and relaxed, green tea contains antioxidants that help it act as a natural home remedy.
- This tea could help your immune system fight against diseases and even lower your risk of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular health complications and diseases and skin and lung cancer.
Besides being a healthy sweetener option, honey has many great health benefits.
- Honey is said to provide relief from flu-like symptoms such as cough, colds, and sore throats. This is because it is believed that honey contains antiviral components capable of tackling diseases caused by viruses. For this, a spoonful of honey is all you need, or you can put a spoonful in your herbal tea.
- Applying honey on rashes, burns, acne flare-ups, and other skin conditions could help it heal faster.
The fenugreek seeds have several benefits.
- It is one of the popular home remedies among nursing moms as fenugreek tea can help with breastfeeding and assists the milk production process.
- Additionally, these clove-like seeds may help lower blood sugar levels and improve insulin function, making a viable remedy for people with diabetes.
- The water-soluble fiber of fenugreek seeds is said to make it an effective cure for diarrhea.
Since fenugreek seeds are usually sold in powdery form, you can include them in your diet by sprinkling them on top of your foods. You can also make it into tea by simply adding hot water.
Natural home remedies are great alternatives for relief from various health ailments. This is even more beneficial for emergencies, managing diseases, and avoiding the expenses and effects of pharmaceutical medications. However, it is a new area where research is still being conducted. In addition to this, some home remedies may produce varying results from person to person. Therefore, it is essential to consult your doctor for more information such as effectiveness, dosage, and frequency of taking your preferred remedy before doing so. You should also research reliable sites to debunk various myths and read reviews from people who have tried these remedies. This will throw some light on what to expect and what to avoid. Although the home remedies listed above are a few of those that seem to work, you should still get enough information before trying them.